Friday, October 11, 2013

Where did 2013 go?

I've lived and ridden in Macclesfield for ten years now and 2013 has been the hardest of all.
Life has been incredibly hard, and whereas in the past my riding was a sanctuary, riding buddies have come and gone and Fearingout is no longer the vibrant and busy social group it was...
From Mountainbiking 2013
This year has been hard for more than just me as regulars have changed jobs and worse, suffered major injury...

Times change but passions don't die, they just fade a little... riding is in my blood (literally after pedals to shins and elbows to gravel). Going for a walk at lunch recently opened my eyes to the opportunities on my door step. It's going to be about finding the opportunities to get out on the bike, not letting the traditional 'after work' slot be the only time available. I have dreams of urban singletrack, steps, sneaky secret cut throughs and smiles for the first time for a long time.

So here's to the winter that follows - and the hardtail in my garage begging for a rebuild!
Mountainbiking 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment