Thursday, April 30, 2009

This is more like it...

Macclesfield Forest 30/04/09


This week Chris and I were joined by Tony - who's been riding in the area for 12 months but never had come out with us... a little aprehensive about his fitness (for now reason!) and the descending I think but he really enjoyed himself.

We did Charity Lane, which was wet but not a river this week... and then Tony encouraged us to do the bottom of the oven track - great stuff. The top half was a good laugh pumping the doubletrack for speed and launching off the little humps and yumps. Luckily I remembered as a I approached what looked like a big water bar jump on the horizon that it got a lot steeper - hell it was like dancing on ice on the loose stuff but great laugh. Trying not to kill myself without braking, not quite foot out flat out like Scott on Episode 7 but still - great fun. Then we showed Tony the singletrack which was a little wet and sketchy but worth it.

Lee Quarry

Ross and I are riding Lee Quarry on Saturday afternoon, hoping to be joined by Jon. Anyone else interested phone me or Facebook me.

Scotland

All plans are in place for the Scotland weekender - looking forward to it and riding with Scott again. Plans to fit three bikes in the Saxo though might not come to fruition. We'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment