Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Home sweet home...

Fresh back at Uni and with a burning desire to ride I cant wait to get out at the weekend.

I've spend the last two weeks on my snowboard, making tracks in the first snow of the season in Switzerland (when it finally did snow that is). Lucky I haven't been without my biking fix for too long though...

New Years eve saw the village of Villars in the Swiss alps where I was staying host an annual local bike race down the slopes. Riders turned up early in the morning to get the first lifts up to the top where they waited on mass for the start of the race. The course took them down one of the top ski runs, which was a little bare due to the late snow, and then off the pistes and through the woods where what snow had fallen was untouched and quite deep in places. Down to the edge of the village where a few more turns though some trees on the snow covered paths brought them back to the bottom of the lift and the finish line. It seemed like not too many people were taking it too seriously and the mass start was definitely the best place to watch them.

A snow race is definitely on my to do list when it comes to mountain biking.

There's a few pics on the organisers website, although its mostly in French so good luck finding them...

Back at Uni now and it looks as though the winter series at Inners has been well and truely cancelled this year, so I need to start hasseling mates for a lift to the Hamsterley races!

No comments:

Post a Comment