Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sheffield Dirt Society


Well first (and for me, I think I can honestly say last) trip to Sheffield indoor dirt this evening, and the boy Warnock, Phil and myself headed over in the Dad mobile with the Sanchez, Chameleon and good digi camera.
Finding it by complete fluke rather then good directions it was proper baltic and first impressions were it looked quite quiet. Introductions to the organisers and a tenner lighter each we made our way onto the course...

4X is not for me.
I had a laugh, but felt totally out of my depth in an environment where I didn't feel comfortable pushing the envelope, and with in my opinion, nothing for the beginner. That's not to say the lads there haven't done a good job - props to getting it organised and putting the commitment in - everyone there had a great time and although it got slightly busier, it was never rammed and there was a good chilled out, if slightly unfriendly to us visitors vibe going on.



So why 4X isn't for me? I don't think I can ever see myself with the commitment to take the course flat out. I really struggled with the rhythm sections and haven't Scott's level of jumping experience gleaned from GT.

Scott however really put 110% in. Perhaps thats why his crank arm fell off? Anyway re-tightened and he continued to try, but I think he came to the same conclusion as me - its a long way from any of the riding any of us do. We can both now appreciate the level of skill/balls required to do it competitively.

Anyway a good night out. A little different. I'm just glad I didn't splash out on a single ring and chain guide for the Chameleon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment