Thursday, June 18, 2009

A different kind of hardcore hardtail...



Newcomer Tom joined regulars Chris and I this week for the jaunt around Macclesfield Forest. Rocking up on a very light-weight frame, featherweight aero bladed wheels, skinny tyres and carbon forks he wasn't sure what to make of Chris and I with the fat tyres, big forks & brakes and armour! Scorching pace up the climb he was certainly making the most of the weight advantage.

The tables were turned on Charity Lane however... Chris and I anihilated it today - awesome. I was running a little more tyre pressure than normal and it really seemed to make a big difference to my confidence and I was pretty much 'on it' 95% of the way down. Great feeling, a big whoop and holla - despite some agrivated dog walker being rude despite me being polite and warning her of other riders behind me! The bottom berm is getting really rocky now, really tricky to get a good line through there so it's about easing off into the berm so you don't kill yourself.

Anyways on to the singletrack and a second ride, un-interupted, on the new stuff and it was ok - but needs a lot of scouting to become flowing. A good back up and more required to make the potential realised, a great flowing final descent but hard work in the middle.

I'm out again tomorrow with Jon - otherwise until next Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment