Thursday, October 18, 2007

Another week another ride

Yeah was out last night again, this time with Chris and Jon - and since Jon hadn't ridden our usual ride since Scotland we did Charity Lane and the singletrack to see if he had found any more speed.

Weather was dry overhead but ground was wet and it was bitterly cold as the sun set - almost perfect riding weather. After climbing for half an hour the Charity Lane descent was awesome - different for me to last week, I was faster in some sections but felt slightly slower in others so I've still to put together a solid full suss run... and I might be out on the hardtail next week for a change anyway.
Jon enjoyed himself too - trying slightly less pressure in the rear tyre he said he found a lot of extra grip, but did worry about punctures... from the look of it, that didn't slow him down too much though!! Chris took a few snaps - and surprised me when he worked out it was only the 3rd time he'd ridden Charity Lane in 2007 (must be like the 40th time for me!)

Singletrack was wetter than last week - not quite so committed, quite sketchy but fun... will be nice when the cold weather dries it out.

More of the same next week - hardtail fun though I think!

Leo is riding at Hebden Bridge this weekend if anyone wants to join him. We're visiting Wales again at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment