Friday, October 26, 2007

Drifts and skids...

I've managed to get out on my bike for the past three nights running, and have managed to spend the majority of that time going sideways, or with the back wheel locked. Tuesday and Wednesday night me and a couple of others from Edinburgh Uni headed out to the Pentlands for a nice slow ride. We hit a couple of mega fast downhill sections and spent a good hour or so sessioning loose corners in search of the perfect drift.

I planned to spend last night studying but by half five I was out on the bike again, drifting my way around a gravel car park. I even managed to pull of a proper wall ride, which I was pretty pleased with (even if it was a little sketchy).

Tomorrow should see me out on my first ride of the new bike, a 2008 Spec' Rockhopper. The plan is to try and do some form of training over the winter, although if this week is anything to go by I may just end up learning to execute the perfect drift.

Oh and I've also been tearing up my flat on my other new bike.....


My 14" Raliegh Mini Max! Found and fixed from a skip last week. Look out for some kids bike racing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment