Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back on it

After a while off the bike with injury, and being a bit busy with wideopen, house hunting etc, i at last made it back to Glentress today. Hooray! Firstly I forgot how cold it gets in Autumn/Winter. Grrrreat. Nevermind, great news was that after my first run on the FR park the whips, tables, one handers and style were flowing. I was relieved to still "have it"! I varied my sessions up a bit and did quite a few runs on the "beginner" area, its actually quite good for pushing height off small stuff and the step up and tables are good. I really like the speed you can get down it, esp at the mini "shore" section and it would make a great dual-cross style race with the twin lines. If they removed the barriers...speaking of which WHY are they there? Anyway, i did the black stuff too and the Cove was feeling great on landings, I seem to have nailed planting the back end smoothly, so i did the big drops and the wallride...I was worried about the damp conditions for that, but the moto diggers and dry wood on the walls stood me up good.

I decided my fitness needed some work, so went for the abbreviated red route up the shortcut, down spooky and beyond, then back via the black then blue sections. It was great except i couldnt pedal up cos i forgot about single ring dilemma....keep it single for FR park or dual for general tossing around? Anyway, come the spooky descent my legs were alive again and i was buzzing. Popping off the jumps was awesome, good air was had all the way down. The rhythm of the constant tables half way down really is best enjoyed on a HT, not a full soppy bouncer. Did the black and blue descent including a verge ride caning it off a wet root, the FO hoody took some muck and i kept going! Back to the park and a few sessions before my legs were gone and the rain came on!



Top of spooky, gotta love it!

Last ride for the soggy Rockshox Psylos....new toys ariving tomo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment