Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New purpose...

What a difference a........ STEM makes!

Echoing Scott's comments about last nights chortles my bike felt absolutely fantastic on the BMX track. All commented about my pop and aerial bike handling skills, which to be fair used to be ok but not as hot as Scott and James - then BANG - new stem new purpose.

The bike was always light I guess, but the lower and shorter cockpit has made picking it right up a doddle. I'm going to push myself over the coming months to bring in some more style now I've got the control nailed... whips first, and if my balls are big enough start doing some proper doubles trying to lay the bike a bit flat.

There is something special about learning a new skill. It feels good to push yourself and your boundaries. Everyone is different though and as I tried Ben and Scott's bikes last night it became obvious that although the Chameleon suits me and my style, the burly overbuilt nature of the Sanchez and Double Shot (Ben's Felt) suit them for different reasons. One things the same though - the desire for having a laugh.

Bring on Delamere next week, and a street mission to Leeds over the Autumn. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment