Thursday, June 15, 2006

Delamere fun

Last night saw James, Leo and myself head over to Delamere for some skills leanring on the 4X track. After a longer than I recall drive at debatable alleged speeds (!), it seemed ready to piss it down! However, it held off and we were quite excited by the time we made our way past the steep the chortles on the semi-DH sections. After pushing up to the top, we had a couple of runs and the rustiness soon fell off!

My new bike was feeling ace, James was loving what his bike was made for, and Leo.....well, poor lad couldn't help falling off his XC rig! My forks seemed improved, but to be stiff enough for 4X I think I need new springs, or more likely, new forks. However, having got home to my street, I had a chortle around and they'll be fine for street, so I'm keeping them for 2006 at least!

After a few runs on the track we had some concentrated efforts on particular sections and got some good photos (to follow...). I nailed the early "Big" jump which delighted me, so I'm a happy man! Atmosphere in the forest was good, fun all the way, and we all learned something new, bike handling, what parts are likely to break first, pad usage, etc etc!

Next....? Roll on Sunday for some Edale fun, the Stinky beast returns for me. Or is anyone up for some street fun on Friday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment