Friday, June 30, 2006

I love my bike

Macclesfield last night - and meeting at the Leather Smithy by the Trentabank reservoir in the early evening sunshine on a long summers day felt fantastic.

After a leisurely start setting up bikes and chatting away (I've been messing with the damping on my fork and shock recently) we made our way slowly upto Charity Lane as per usual. Again I got to the top without stopping to push - but knackered! After another breather and trying to persuade the man Pickford to purchase a full-susser NOW rather than a 'hi-spec hardtail' in the new year we got to the summit so to speak - dropped saddle and donned arm pads.

The recent dry weather in Macclesfield has made Charity Lane the fastest I've ever seen it. The great thing about it is how it evolves on a weekly basis and although this week Scott claimed to be taking it easy I was CHUFFED to stay in touch with him most of the way down - WHAT A BUZZ. Taking big lines, dusting the brakes rather than hauling anchors, using the knowledge gained from recent rides on the hardtail plus my new tuned suspension to ride it faster then I ever have done and getting to the bottom I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat!

Down to Bottom of the Oven and a sketchy moment or too set the heart rate racing, so so loose down there now but it won't take long for a 'racing line' to emerge and make it even faster. Then up to the Standing Stone and down some secret singletrack before back to the car.

I think its quite fair to say that the buzz I had last night recaptured a lot of the fun and magic from the past. This summer is going to be amazing with Mumford back next week (and buying a new bike), Ben back end of July, Phil back from holiday mid July (and we'll persuade to buy a new bike), Chris back with us next week (and I'm trying to persuade to buy a new bike) and the regulars - Scott (who's alright for bikes at the moment) and Leo (who we've been persuading to buy a new bike!).

WEEKLY XC/FR RIDES WILL BE THURSDAY FROM NOW ON
Another night will be arranged for street/park/4X.

No comments:

Post a Comment