Friday, June 30, 2006

Thursday night ride

Myself, James and Leo headed out last night for a forest chortle. After 2 nights in a row of running (yes, me, running, with my own feet!) my legs felt strong on the initial climb. The bike still took over and denied me at the road section. Still, she's not designed for climbing! She is sounding in need of some TLC though, the headset is creaking like a pirate ship and the bushes may need a bit of tightening (honest guv, I know what I'm doing!).

Still, come the top of Charity Lane, we raced off, James keen to stick to my wheel. I was a little surprised how soon after me he arrived at the bottom. Next week I'll really push and then we'll see! CL felt ace though, and if it wasn't for chain off and the bike feeling a bit loose below my feet (nice link between symptom and cause!) I would've hammered the bottom section more.

Onto the bombhole as we call it (dunno why!) and I flew into it, followed by some adrenalin flow with the loose trail moving below front and rear wheels. Leo did himself proud with a 100% puncture rate of late. Get a new bike mate, so many reasons to do so! Off we headed to a nice little section of FR/DH and as ever it got faster, bumpier in the dry and I still overshoot the same section every time!

Good ride and top weather. Jog on.

No comments:

Post a Comment