Monday, June 26, 2006

Scotland rocks!


As if I need more reasons to move home (pic shows end of funpark, 4 doubles if the image wasn't from my phone!).....

Went to Carron Valley on Sunday morning, an early start after a few beers, but hey, it was worth it. As I got to the gates (which were still locked!), I met a fellow freerider, Marcus, so big shout out to him for showing me the trails! As we were both on our lonesomes, we rode up the hill and chatted about all things bikes, good chat. Then hitting the 1st sigletrack section, it was a bit tame, but I'd been warned, so wasn't disappointed! The 2nd section was more flowing and a surprise drop from nowhere nearly had me off! In the end it was all about the "Funpark". Absolutely fucking awesome. Built to make you smile. Doubles and tabletops gallore, and clearing them was easy, well at my speed and skills of curse! It is a good training track and you can clear them too far (I did easily), which teaches you the need for control of speed, but you can whip, style and no hand it if you like.

Thoroughly worth a trip, and you can do a full loop in under 4o minutes. Then do the funpark, over and over and over again!

Cheers to Marcus, he's suggested a few local Shore style rides, plus Ae is a definite ride on the next Scotland tour. As he pointed out "if you're really fit, you can ride them all in a day" (i.e. Ae, Mabie and Glentress). But like me, he likes a push up, so maybe getting a few days worth of riding in is what I'm planning!

So living in central Scotland, you are 2 hours from Fort Bill, all 7 stanes, plus there are loads of local set ups with great riding. Hmmm, add that to the list of "to-do's"!

No comments:

Post a Comment