Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Instruction manuals

For general comment, but how shite are instruction manuals (for bike stuff, no toaster comments on here!)?!

Having bled my brakes to death recently, I mock the danger warnings of dot 4 oil, in fact I might even drink it soon. Anyway, to my point....having found my problem hose, having bought an F1 style goodrich hose, got some new oil, I went to fit it last night. Washed the bike up nice, got it on the DIY stand in my living room, rear wheel off, ready to go....!

Ball ache to get the old hoses off (quite rightly) but the instructions were dire on remaoval and new fitting. Even worse than flat pack instructions! So, as ever, I used my (often unused) brain to work it out. Not that its that complicated right enough, but someone should tell Hayes and Goodrich that, cos they've made it look and sound like wiring up a bloody spaceship!

Anyway, brakes are fixed.

In other news.....I'm now hatching a plan to rob a bank to fund my street bike! I've got the building bug and want to get the new rig going, so I might buy some parts each month! Off to get the frame now...

No comments:

Post a Comment