Thursday, August 09, 2007

4X Champs and Charity Lane

Well it was a busy weekened of riding for me as you already know. The National 4X Champs took place at Redhill Extreme near the Forest of Dean this year. With each of the Championship events (DH/XC/4X) being held on their own this year, there was definatly a slightly more subdued atmosphere round the track. The track itself alowed for some really good racing though so expect to see a write up in the next issue of wideopen.
On Sunday I decided that it'd be good to go home via Macc and catch up with James but also to ride Charity Lane. It gets a mention on here at least twice a month so I wanted to know what its all about. Needless to say I wasnt dissapointed, very technical in places and with no line to speak of in others it was a real challenge on a small bike. And as for ignorance is bliss, well... I think I was probably quicker on my second run after I knew where I could really let the bike go. But I did get the buzz from that first run down, hitting the first line that came to me and pushing as hard as I dare on unknown teritory. For those of you that dont know what I'm on about go and read Scotts article on ignorance in wideopen!

No comments:

Post a Comment