Monday, August 13, 2007

Back on my BMX



Spent all weekend on bmx. Boss. So glad to have it back. I had sold it to a mate to part fund my mountain bike, but then that got nicked and I went crawling on my hands and knees begging to buy it back. I was horrified when I saw how it had been abused. People like that shouldn't be allowed to have kids, real ones or metaphorical "babies". This was my baby. For years, before I sold her, it stood the test of time whilst other BMXs came and went. Old faithful. It was my on/off lover, the Kate Moss to the Pete Docherty side of my personality. Brake pads were down to the metal against the rims and i had to respray crank and get new grips too. Other paint is badly scratched and it needs a new stem amongst a list of other things. Worth it though.


I'm rushing home every night now to get on it and apart from one disastrous drunken wheelie on Saturday night, everything is going great. But since when have all other riders been so young? Maybe I missed the watershed at 15 when most people realise they arent going to be a pro, and you need a car, not a bmx, to get the slags in my area to give it up. Got new red wall tyres for it on the way and a gold chain too so watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment