Sunday, August 19, 2007

Penmanchno no no no... yes!





6 of us headed to Penmachno today - a first ride there for Chris, and Tez's first trip on his new 2006 Coiler... so we looked a bit like the Kona gang with 5 out of the 6 of us astride the Canadian rigs... 4 of which were Coilers? Perfect UK trail centre bike for going big? Who knows...

Anyway I struggled today. Wheel bearings that are a bit fucked, sticky tyres, rubbing discs and hardtail based fitness meant it took me a long time to find my stride... but I did get there - even if it was slowly... The tyres which were a curse on the climbs were immense once the trails pointed down properly. My favourite bit, the first singletrack section after the shitty open bit, was amazing. I've never pedalled so hard and nailed something so sweetly EVER on a bike... and to be honest all day on the downs I felt a lot more confident even with a less then convincing rear brake set up (it did improve over the day though).

Right now I'm tired though so bed time. Not many stills but above are two screen captures of me from some of the footage. First off in the woods on the second of the 3 swoopy fast bits in a row - and secondly on the final section pinned for the camera. Nice.

PS - I'll be on the Coiler every week until Scotland now to try and build up big bike fitness! Hopefully Goodridge will come through on the hoses this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment