Monday, July 24, 2006

Coiler Reinstatement


On Saturday I made a very important journey to High Peak Cycles in Glossop. A quick swipe of my plastic friend and I was the proud owner of a shiny new Kona Coiler. What a beast of a bike after the Rockhopper - absolutely couldn't wait to ride it! Fortunately I didn't have to wait long, and Sunday morning I was let loose on my mate Tim's old stomping ground in Headingley. The Tour de Leeds as we called it was quite reminiscent of the Wirral, with a combination of street, parkland and woodland riding, then heading out a bit more into the countryside where it was more hilly. Plenty of opportunity for reinstatement - the downhills were awesome. Put it this way... with the Rockhopper I'd have to pick my line, dodge the rocks and control the speed with the brakes, with the Coiler it was just point and shoot from the hip. Stopped for a pub lunch in Otley before continuing back into Leeds, but what a day. Top stuff - and now the beast wants more! The Fox Vanilla rear shock is a bit low on damping and needs setting up (as my mate Andy put it, I was riding on a faithful old sofa), but what a bike. Perfect weather, top company and fantastic riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment