Friday, July 07, 2006

Thursday night jolly

With the weekly forest ride now moved to a Thursday, last night saw an improved turnout. Good chat up the hill and I wont pretend that I will ever enjoy climbing, though performed ok last night! At the top of charity, the pressure was on, after last week wit James breathing down my neck, I was all pumped up. Without rear view mirrors, I wasn't to know the poor lad punctured twice on the way to the bottom.....I just thought he was going slow! Anyway, I nailed the top section, but slowed a few times due to some bad lines, or big rocks jumping out at me! I think in the dry, charity lane is ripping up a little, but thats all part of the fun with the place, never stands still. The bike still flowed beneath me, she's such a dream!

Was funny to see the old and the new with Andy and Hamez's (to avoid which "james" confusion) bikes. Maybe Andy will put some time in on his steed now! Weekend sees some local forest ride Saturday afternoon (hangover expectant) and street ride Monday. Game on.

Bike maintenance update....cane creek headset (not kona spec!..., naughty high peak cycles!) sounds a bit (!) goosed, acceptable damage given the hammering she gets!

No comments:

Post a Comment