Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wish I lived nearer Delamere!

Seriously, this place is great! As James said in his 'report' we had a great mixture of DH nibbles, pre-DJ learning and the 4X section again. Felt like I learned quite a lot on Monday, think we all did! I got the 4X manualling over the low height jumps started (can't do it consistently yet), also nailed all the jumps on the 4X track and carried good speed (the right speed i sthe key!), in some cases too much speed!

Also learned a bit on the pre-DJ sections, learning shape and flow over the jumps. Maybe I'll be on the full jumps by summer's end! Was funny to see Hamez nailing all jumps for height, think he's taking my mantle as balls out speed and height fella! I'll go with the skill option from now on (next week I'll go for height to show I can still do it!).

Some good photos, tweaks the lot! As for that freeride jump....looks awesome, bring it on, lets get the camera out! Dodgy landing zone though...

Bike update...my forks are dire, new springs or new forks? Big question! Dirt Jam pro's or stiff as fuck springs for the Psylo's?! New stem arrives today, so yeehar. Meanwhile, my ageing shimano rear hub feels a "bit" shit! All good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment