Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nokian - you don't deserve them!

THIS IS A CUSTOMER AWARENESS ANNOUNCEMENT

Nokian All-mountain 1.75-2.3 Inner Tubes ARE SHITE!
Got a puncture today on Charity Lane - fair play I thought - the Nokian tube had lasted 2 rides. Replaced with another Nokian - 50m later - another puncture.

Now I know what all you doubters will say - that I'm a shite rider and I'm hammering the rear of the bike too hard etc etc. But you're wrong.

I'm not heavy, I don't plough through things on the Coiler, instead I try and float through the rough stuff - usually fairly successfully.
I was mighty pissed off, but then the reason behind this rant is that Leo has been running the same tubes recently and has had exactly the same experience.

I'm off now to buy some proper DH tubes - sod the weight.

The ride was fun otherwise by the way, but I'll leave it to those that enjoyed it more to detail, suffice to say the turnout was better - Andy, Scott, James and myself. Mumford enjoying the new bike a lot. Scott fast as always.

Next ride Saturday afternoon, followed by a street ride on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment