Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm getting a F***ing new bike - woohoo!

I'm getting a new bike, I'm getting a new bike, I'm getting a new bike!! That's one phrase that needs to be repeated over and over again. I'm getting a new bike!!!!!!!! I have to keep saying it for it to fully sink in but it's definitely going to be the most exciting purchase I've made in a while. It beats the big TV, ipod video, digital camera and fitted wardrobes (ahem).

The bridge I now have to cross revolves around deciding which particular flavour of bike to invest in. A quick scan of Ebay reveals that there are in fact very few Specialized FSR Full Sussers on offer (the logical step up from the trusty rockhopper). The Kona Coiler looks tempting, with a mighty 6" of travel front and rear, Hayes hydraulic disc brakes and Blue Dragon 2.3 inch tyres to pick out just a few of the particulars. Plenty of unused 2005 models on Ebay at sub-£1000 prices, so I'm very tempted at the moment.

I will be having a chat with my bike consultant over the next day or two in order to identify other candidates and will of course report back on my latest thoughts. I'm getting a new bike!! (once more for effect)

No comments:

Post a Comment